Apple Pie Infused Bourbon
Author: slightly modified from Southern Living Magazine
Recipe type: Beverage
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1/2 golden delicious apple, chopped
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 375ml bottle of good-quality bourbon
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- Place first four ingredients into a lidded container.
- Pour the bourbon over.
- Cover, and let stand at room temperature for four days.
- Pour bourbon mixture through a fine mesh strainer, into a pitcher, discarding solids.
- Stir in the honey or agave nectar.
- Decant back into the clean, original bottles.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two months.
Recipe by yinmomyangmom at http://yinmomyangmom.com/2012/12/01/apple-pie-infused-bourbon/